Are you an audio engineer busy mixing or deleting audio sections, editing and rearranging audio regions, and recording and generating new audio components?
Are you looking for an ideal audio editing software, tool, or app to create audio files?
Do you need an audio editing tool that helps you manipulate the sound of audio files in many ways?
If yes, then read on!
This article is about the audio editing tools that you can use to enhance any audio file.
However, before knowing that, let’s first get to learn what audio editing software is.
What is audio editing software?
Audio editing software is one such program that you can use to edit and generate audio files.
These editing apps are particularly designed for audio editors and engineers who are interested in mixing or deleting audio sections, editing, and rearranging audio regions.
Besides, these editing apps also help you in recording as well as generating new audio.
Best of all, these audio editing tools are also perfect to use when you want to manipulate the sound of audio files in a variety of ways and create the manipulated effects.
Complying with file types such as MP3s, Windows Media, WAVE, and MPEG-4, these audio editing programs are generally leveraged by audio engineers and music producers (i.e. editors, mixers, sound designers) for use in films, music, and TV shows, generally in tandem with video editing software and the video production team.
If you are a musician who has just started learning audio editing programs, you can also choose to go with several free music-making software solutions for audio editing.
Top 5 Free Audio Editing Software
Here is a list of the top 5 open-source (free) and commercial (paid) audio editor programs:
Audacity is an open-source (free of cost) audio editing program. It comes with a multi-track editor that you can use to edit any sound with a lot of ease and without hassle.
This professional audio editing software also helps you in importing or exporting many file formats such as MP3, OGG, WAV, FLAC, and more. Its salient features are:
- It allows for easy editing through cut, copy, paste, and delete features.
- It gives you a real-time preview by showing sound effects.
- Its supported sound qualities are 24-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit.
- It allows you to visualize the selected frequency.
- It offers support for a variety of plugins.
- You can manipulate it using a keyword.
Wavepad is a feature-packed sound editing program that you can use to record and edit voice and music.
Using this amazing editing software, you can easily and effortlessly cut, copy, and paste recordings.
The software primarily offers support for echo, amplification, and noise reduction facility.
- It supports general audio formats such as MP3, WAV, VOX, WMA, and many more.
- It allows you to compress audio without any rigmarole.
- It is easy to load files with two mouse clicks.
- It lets you export and share audio with others.
Ocenaudio is the fastest and easiest audio editor, available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
This powerful audio editing application sprints any time-taking tasks in the background, thus enabling its users to be fully focused on your core business activities.
With Virtual Studio Technology (VST) plugins, it allows you to access numerous effects.
Similar to the native effects, its VST effects use real-time preview to aid configuration.
- It opens files using advanced memory management without wasting your PC memory.
- It helps you in analyzing your audio signals.
- It allows you to select multiple tracks.
- It efficiently edits large files.
If you are looking for ideal yet open source (free) editing software for editing, processing, and recording sound, Wavosaur is the right editing software program for you.
The editing application helps its users in producing music, loops, and sound recording.
Best of all, you can make use of this editing application without installing it anywhere.
- It helps its users with effects, including fade in/out, mute, insert silence, and more.
- It is compatible with multichannel WAV, 8 bits, 16 bits, 24 bits, etc.
- It allows you to play, stop, rewind, and fast-forward MIDI files.
- It allows for real-time monitoring of audio input and output.
- It provides frequency analysis and detailed statistics.
- It supports file formats such as WAV, AIF, and mp3.
- It allows you to cut, copy and paste the audio.
- You can convert one audio file to another.
Looking for software that can help you to do live mixing with music files? Choose Mixxx!
This program helps you in creating live mixes with music files. Besides, it comes featured with a musical key detection facility that you can use to find audio from the library.
This application is also perfect to use when you want to add various sound effects to your music.
- It supports MP3, AIFF, and WAV file formats.
- It allows you to control the pitch of the sound.
- It makes the tempo slower and faster.
- It allows you to loop sound.
So, what should an audio editing app have to be an ideal audio editing software?
- It should provide tools for clipping, arranging, and manipulating audio
- It should save and export completed files in one or more file types
- It should help users in uploading and/or recording audio files
Finally, using an audio editing program, you can make the required changes in audio data.
For example, you can cut, copy, and paste parts of recordings and import or export many different types of file formats such as MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and more.
After reading the article about the top 5 free audio editing applications, we hope you want to know which company can guide you in buying the best audio editing tools.
If you have any concerns or questions about your free audio editing apps or need some experts’ advice, we would be happy to answer them in the comment section below.